The Brawlers' Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Brawlers' Alliance

Where Brawlers Meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FIRST TOURNEY

Go down 
+5
CyanRussel
Shoko
Dumbass_Luigi
Icyoooppplaa
S-S
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
S-S
S-S

Male
Number of posts : 386
SSBB Wi-Fi Code : 0602 5959 6618
Registration date : 2007-10-01

FIRST TOURNEY Empty
PostSubject: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 7:15 pm

Now that Brawl has come out...I figured I'd set up a tourney with members who are regularly active. This means, you must have at least 50 posts to join.

I will set up the competition randomly before I see anyone's Smash skills so as to make it fair. Once I see how good you are, setting up matches becomes a bit more biased, so the randomness of my decisions for this set-up will be a good thing in my opinion.

Now, for the rules. You will likely see these same rules in all tourneys I set up, and they will not be official-tourney-style. Others who wish to set up their own tourneys in the future are welcome to use my simple layout for the rules, and if anybody has any ideas for rules I should add to the list, feel free to let me know.

ITEMS - ON (we'll see how customized we can get the items in later tourneys, but for now we'll just say ALL items will be on)

STAGE - CHOICE (if both Brawlers can agree on a stage before-hand, then they are welcome to use that stage...if there is a disagreement, however, Battlefield will be used)

BATTLE TYPE - STOCK MATCH (5 lives, no time limit)

HANDICAP - OFF (after this first tourney we'll see if this changes...probably not seeing as you are meant to practice. training matches and qualification matches may be a different story as dictated by your opponent)

CONTESTANTS - TWO (1-on-1 for this tourney, but team battles could make for some fun tourneys)

CONTROL SCHEME - ANY (once we've all played the game and compared notes, we might find that some techniques become impossible to use depending on your controller of choice. if this is the case, certain controllers may be banned from tourneys at the organizer's discretion...hopefully we'll find that this won't be neccessary)

CHARACTERS - You can only use these beginners. (As long as they haven't been chosen yet)
FIRST TOURNEY Various25_080130g-l

Prizes will be determined at a later date, but will not include anything that costs money at this point. Too many logistics to work out, and I'm broke anyways. Anyone who is willing to contribute sig-making skills etc to the creation of the prize is welcome depending on what we decide the prize will actually be.

If we find that Spectators become allowed in friend matches, I will require that they be allowed, as I would like to view the proceedings as well as any other members who wish to witness this epic first tournament. If it remains under the "With Anyone" category, however, I trust that all will play fairly. Any reports of foul-play will be viewed and voted on based on the given descriptions. It is preferable that said reports be sent to me via PM so I can give a description that does NOT include names in order to ensure an un-biased vote.

If you wish to join, state your name and character choice. You are welcome to change your character decision at any time if you find they do not fit within your playing style, but two days before the tourney, your character choice is set in stone.

And finally, the current list of competitors:

1] S-S {Pit}

2] Icy {Dedede}

3] Shoko {Samus}

4] Cyan {Fox}

5] Wario2000 {Original Wario}

6] Kritt {Lucas}

7] llcoolj {Link}

8] Axltar {Dark Link}

9] Dal {Wario}

ALL CONTESTANTS MUST CHECK IN ASAP!!! THE DATE OF THE TOURNEY WILL BE DECIDED AND VOTED ON AT THAT POINT BY ALL CONTESTANTS.

Last edited by S-S on Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:50 am; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
Icyoooppplaa
Admin
Admin
Icyoooppplaa

Male
Number of posts : 158
Job/hobbies : School
Wii Online Code : 7520-1748-8739-4891
SSBB Wi-Fi Code : 1032-0899-1918
Registration date : 2007-10-18

FIRST TOURNEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 7:51 pm

2]Icyoooppplaa{King Dedede}

You're in ;D ~ SS
Back to top Go down
http://xat.com/setsuna_sakurazaki
Dumbass_Luigi
Dumbass_Luigi

Male
Number of posts : 203
Job/hobbies : Imma Dogitarrius!
SSBB Wi-Fi Code : 3007-7787-3139
Registration date : 2007-10-04

FIRST TOURNEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 5:25 pm

3]Turbudz(Luigi or Wario)

You're in, but I put you down for Wario cuz I doubt Luigi will be a starter. I bet he'll be in, just as an unlockable character again. ~SS

Last edited by on Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://nintendochat.forumotion.com/index.htm
Shoko
Admin
Admin
Shoko

Male
Number of posts : 150

FIRST TOURNEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 12:50 pm

4] Shoko (Samus or Metaknight)

DAMMIT!! I JUST FREAKIN WISH THEY HAD MADE ZERO-SUIT A SEPERATE CHARACTER!! i mean, i can kick-ass with samus but shes not my fav charcter.

Check. I put you down for Samus just cuz you put her first. Everyone's welcome to change their pick up to two days before the tourny date (whenever we decide that will be) but there's not much point until we play to figure out who we're best with. ~SS
Back to top Go down
https://brawlersalliance.forumotion.com
CyanRussel
CyanRussel

Male
Number of posts : 116
Location : Dallas, TX ~NSD~ & B.A. (BrawlersAlliance) THIS IS ONE TEAM YOU CANT BEAT*
Registration date : 2007-10-02

FIRST TOURNEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 12:04 am

You already know who im gonna be....no need saying it now...is there? lol

Last edited by on Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://brawlersalliance.forumotion.com/profile.forum?mode=editpr
Dumbass_Luigi
Dumbass_Luigi

Male

FIRST TOURNEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 1:00 pm

I'm wondering, does the tourney start when everyone who's in gets Brawl?
Back to top Go down
S-S
S-S

Male

FIRST TOURNEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 3:20 pm

The tourney date will be decided on by all contestants on February 10th.
Back to top Go down
wario2ooo
wario2ooo

Male
Number of posts : 174

FIRST TOURNEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 7:15 pm

what?1.....im in!...i call Wario

You can be Orignal Wario. ~Dal
Back to top Go down
S-S
S-S

Male

FIRST TOURNEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 1:42 am

Hehe, I forgot Dal called Wario...it would be sad if Wario couldn't be Wario, so I'll accept the Original Wario idea from Dal and let you two BOTH be him...either way, I won't pair you two up in the first match so as to avoid confusion for as long as possible =P

And welcome back! =D
Back to top Go down
Dumbass_Luigi
Dumbass_Luigi

Male

FIRST TOURNEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 7:06 pm

Wait, I want Olimar now, so I'm gonna go back in time and change my post.
Back to top Go down
S-S
S-S

Male

FIRST TOURNEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 11:18 pm

Ok, and I changed Wario2ooo's character to just "Wario" so he can use whatever style Wario he wants...still has the same moves after all =P
Back to top Go down
Dumbass_Luigi
Dumbass_Luigi

Male

FIRST TOURNEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 6:18 pm

I changed the date to March 9th. Because that;s when it comes out, and in February there might be more characters.
Back to top Go down
S-S
S-S

Male

FIRST TOURNEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 12:33 am

Yes, thank you -_-

Hard to maintain this crap with yet another delay =P

Ah well, the first time it was delayed one year, then 3 months, and now only 1 month...if it gets delayed again it'll only be a week or so =]
Back to top Go down
Kritt
Newcomer
Newcomer
Kritt

Male
Number of posts : 107
SSBB Wi-Fi Code : 4553-9652-7420
Registration date : 2008-01-16

FIRST TOURNEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 8:58 pm

aw only for people before that post? I'd really like to participate.

If you change your mind...

7] Kritt {Olimar} (or kirby if only 1 of each char is allowed)
Back to top Go down
Dumbass_Luigi
Dumbass_Luigi

Male

FIRST TOURNEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 9:47 pm

We will discuss it.
Back to top Go down
Shoko
Admin
Admin
Shoko

Male
Number of posts : 150

FIRST TOURNEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 5:12 pm

We should wait till we know the characters. There's still many more, and I'm sure I will change my char when I find out all who's in Brawl
Back to top Go down
https://brawlersalliance.forumotion.com
S-S
S-S

Male

FIRST TOURNEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 5:18 pm

Of course Shoko, but we're still keeping with starting characters only...
Back to top Go down
S-S
S-S

Male

FIRST TOURNEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 12:17 am

Ok, so Dal and I have discussed it, and will be slightly altering the rules due to the delay of Brawl. Because we have more time to decide, enter, and train, the date you joined will become inconsequential. Instead, our only specification is that you must have 50 posts by March 1st (this will give us just over a week before the release date to set up the scoreboards, make a final decision on your character, and set the offical tournament date).

So basically, Kritt, just keep posting the way you have been and you'll be good to go. And no duplicate characters, so you'll be playing as Kirby unless you change your mind a week before the tourney. I'm too tired to edit the first post, so either read this one (it's bolded for a reason you know ;D) or wait for Kritt to get 50 posts so I can add him to the roster. While I'm doing that I'll change the rules. For now, adieu.
Back to top Go down
Dumbass_Luigi
Dumbass_Luigi

Male

FIRST TOURNEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 11:01 am

Don't worry SS, I edited your post....a little.
Back to top Go down
S-S
S-S

Male

FIRST TOURNEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 3:14 pm

Cool thanks ^_^

The only thing I changed was I made it March 1st instead of 9th for the final entry date...
Back to top Go down
Kritt
Newcomer
Newcomer
Kritt

Male

FIRST TOURNEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 4:29 pm

so who is this turbuds that has stolen my olimar and how can i bribe him away from him, lol. Lets hope a duplicate louie character Razz
Back to top Go down
Dumbass_Luigi
Dumbass_Luigi

Male

FIRST TOURNEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 5:39 pm

I am Turbudz! Wahahaha! You can have Olimar if Louie comes out.
Back to top Go down
Dumbass_Luigi
Dumbass_Luigi

Male

FIRST TOURNEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 4:28 pm

Sorry for double post.

Ok, Kritt. You can have Olimar cus I found my new character:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kritt
Newcomer
Newcomer
Kritt

Male

FIRST TOURNEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 5:11 pm

yay lol. Although I knew
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
S-S
S-S

Male

FIRST TOURNEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 5:53 pm

Yeah, but will he be a starter? and please use spoiler tags Kritt, I didn't know who Dal was talking about him until I read your post...I really don't wanna have to ban myself from the internet until Brawl's release to keep the spoilers away -_-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FIRST TOURNEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FIRST TOURNEY
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Brawlers' Alliance :: Online :: Tournaments-
Jump to: