The Brawlers' Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Brawlers' Alliance

Where Brawlers Meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FIRST TOURNEY

Go down 
+5
CyanRussel
Shoko
Dumbass_Luigi
Icyoooppplaa
S-S
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
S-S
S-S

Male
Number of posts : 386
SSBB Wi-Fi Code : 0602 5959 6618
Registration date : 2007-10-01

FIRST TOURNEY - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 11:21 pm

ALRIGHT SHUT IT WITH THE FREAKIN SPOILERS!!!

THERE ARE RULES ABOUT THAT THAT HAVE BEEN POSTED BY LEVES. NO MORE! NO TALK OF GANONDORF OR WOLF OR ANYONE THAT IS NOT ON THE STARTING ROSTER IN THIS THREAD!!! FINAL WARNING!!!

I'VE ALREADY HAD WAY TOO MUCH RUINED AND I WILL NOT TOLERATE LOSING ANY MORE SURPRISES BECAUSE YOU CAN'T FOLLOW SIMPLE RULES! MAKE A SEPERATE TOPIC DISCUSSING UNLOCKABLE CHARACTERS/STAGES/ETC UNTIL THE US RELEASE DATE IF NOT LATER.

And Ax, I just remember Leves being the one to tell me about it so that's why I figured that was the case...I mean, I joined the site the first day it was officially up too, but I didn't help with it at all or anything, which is what I thought was the case with you. I apologize.
Back to top Go down
Axtlár
Admin
Admin
Axtlár

Male
Number of posts : 396
Wii Online Code : 5200-6176-6963-9732
SSBB Wi-Fi Code : 3179-5754-8849

PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 9:13 am

It's no problem, I apologize about spoiling you, but I was talking about the Melee Ganonfdorf, I don't know if he's in Brawl or not...And I agree with you, Kritt in your last post.
Back to top Go down
CyanRussel
CyanRussel

Male
Number of posts : 116
Location : Dallas, TX ~NSD~ & B.A. (BrawlersAlliance) THIS IS ONE TEAM YOU CANT BEAT*
Registration date : 2007-10-02

PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 5:21 pm

S-S wrote:
ALRIGHT SHUT IT WITH THE FREAKIN SPOILERS!!!

THERE ARE RULES ABOUT THAT THAT HAVE BEEN POSTED BY LEVES. NO MORE! NO TALK OF GANONDORF OR WOLF OR ANYONE THAT IS NOT ON THE STARTING ROSTER IN THIS THREAD!!! FINAL WARNING!!!

I'VE ALREADY HAD WAY TOO MUCH RUINED AND I WILL NOT TOLERATE LOSING ANY MORE SURPRISES BECAUSE YOU CAN'T FOLLOW SIMPLE RULES! MAKE A SEPERATE TOPIC DISCUSSING UNLOCKABLE CHARACTERS/STAGES/ETC UNTIL THE US RELEASE DATE IF NOT LATER.

And Ax, I just remember Leves being the one to tell me about it so that's why I figured that was the case...I mean, I joined the site the first day it was officially up too, but I didn't help with it at all or anything, which is what I thought was the case with you. I apologize.

Look....you dont "RUN" this thread.....besides, we can now talk about Wolf since i (OMFG ruined it for you....GET OVER IT)

Oh, im not trying to say anything....but im a MOD too...You cant bann me because your not an Admin.....QUIT MAKING SUCH A BIG DEAL OUT OF IT
Back to top Go down
https://brawlersalliance.forumotion.com/profile.forum?mode=editpr
S-S
S-S

Male

PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 6:00 pm

NO! I WISH TO KEEP THE SECRETS SECTRET! WE HAVE RULES ABOUT THIS CYAN, CHECK THE POST LEVES MADE ABOUT IT! AND THIS IS MY THREAD, SO WHEN YOU'RE BREAKING THE RULES OF THE THREAD AND THE FORUM, YOU'RE NOT SETTING A GOOD EXAMPLE.

And I know I can't do anything to you, I was just expecting you to not be a problem anymore.

I don't care if you already spoiled Wolf or not, his discussion in this topic is over.

And Ax, that's cool then...if you don't know if he's in then we're still good and I understand you meant no harm. I was referring to a number of posts, not just yours.
Back to top Go down
CyanRussel
CyanRussel

Male
Number of posts : 116
Location : Dallas, TX ~NSD~ & B.A. (BrawlersAlliance) THIS IS ONE TEAM YOU CANT BEAT*
Registration date : 2007-10-02

PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 9:08 pm

Ill give you that...And ONLY that....as a MOD i cant break rules...yes....this is also your thread...

*Its your playing field*

Im sorry...and to all that come to this thread...IM SORRY TO YOU ALSO

<I still want to talk about that character.....might as well do it somewhere else....Its been awhile since i came here....i dont know everything that be going on when im not around...Let me go check the UPDATES ive missed on this site...>
Back to top Go down
https://brawlersalliance.forumotion.com/profile.forum?mode=editpr
S-S
S-S

Male

PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 4:01 pm

Ok, that's fine, and apology accepted. And I'm sorry for sounding bossy and rude, I'm just trying to make sure I know as little as possible about this game before playing it so I can see all the surprises for myself...games are almost always more fun the first time you play through them because you don't know quite what's going to happen yet.

I'm not going to try and find all your posts that mentioned character names and remove said names because you are (as you pointed out) of equal status and therefore are perfectly capable of dealing with your own stuff, especially now that you know the new rules. You can make the decision as now everybody in this thread has already read it so I suppose I don't mind as long as more info isn't revealed, but other people might read through this after joining and before getting Brawl so it makes sense either way, I don't care.

Here, check these out as possible places to talk about him and any other similar characters.

Leves' Spoiler Rules

Icy's Spoiler Topic

Spoiler Request Thread

Otherwise you can create a new topic but make sure you make not that it's a spoiler thread and don't put the spoilers in the actual title. Actually, I just kinda summed up the rules from the first link but it's there if you want to read what Leves said about it cuz he did say more than just that.

Other than that, I may actually join you in said thread for just that one character since he's been spoiled now but I'm not sure since I don't want to accidentally get any others.
Back to top Go down
Dumbass_Luigi
Dumbass_Luigi

Male
Number of posts : 203
Job/hobbies : Imma Dogitarrius!
SSBB Wi-Fi Code : 3007-7787-3139
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 4:39 pm

About the forum arangement. Since they're nine people, does that mean you're gonna add computer to the Tourney? Because I saw a video of a Brawl Tournament and there weren't any 9 people matches.
Back to top Go down
http://nintendochat.forumotion.com/index.htm
S-S
S-S

Male

PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 12:53 am

Hm, there were in Melee I believe...either way, I wasn't going to USE tourney mode, just normal matches with me recording the tourney results...
Back to top Go down
Kritt
Newcomer
Newcomer
Kritt

Male
Number of posts : 107
SSBB Wi-Fi Code : 4553-9652-7420
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 10:44 am

yea, that sounds way better. Obs with 2 man fights. But we could make do with 3 man ffa's
Back to top Go down
Dumbass_Luigi
Dumbass_Luigi

Male

PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 10:51 am

So...I'm still confused. Is there gonna be one person sitting out till the final match or something?
Back to top Go down
S-S
S-S

Male

PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 4:20 am

No, not until the final match, only for the first round. It means I'll have to fight 1 extra and someone will have to fight 1 less (perhaps you Dal so you could be on here to update the rankings after round 1? or fight in your other tourney depending...there's lots of options and many don't even involve you if you don't want them to) but I see that as being better then kicking someone out all together.
Back to top Go down
Kritt
Newcomer
Newcomer
Kritt

Male

PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 10:18 am

OR we could do a round robin tournament.

For those unaware of the term, it is when everybody fights everybody. Victors score 1 point and Losers none. At the end, the person with the most points is the tournament champion. This way, nobody is kicked out. The only thing is, it'll take more time to do. We could organize it over a few days or weeks.
Back to top Go down
Dumbass_Luigi
Dumbass_Luigi

Male

PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 12:19 pm

I'll fight one less round S-S, since I can't be Luigi...But we should also be aware that some people might not make it to the tourney....If that's the case, the plan could change completely.
Back to top Go down
Icyoooppplaa
Admin
Admin
Icyoooppplaa

Male
Number of posts : 158
Job/hobbies : School
Wii Online Code : 7520-1748-8739-4891
SSBB Wi-Fi Code : 1032-0899-1918
Registration date : 2007-10-18

PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 9:01 pm

Wow, this is the only thing that has been discussed since the 18th. I can't wait for this game. I still need $8 so that I can get it though. So who do you guys think is going to win?
Back to top Go down
http://xat.com/setsuna_sakurazaki
Kritt
Newcomer
Newcomer
Kritt

Male

PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 11:38 am

Myself of course, as I can't judge other's expertise (as discussed before).

8$ Rolling Eyes I've got enough cash to buy over 100 copies Smile lol
Back to top Go down
Axtlár
Admin
Admin
Axtlár

Male

PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 3:09 pm

That's great, Kritt, thanks for advising us of that, now you will kindly give each Brawlers' members a copy of the game after you buy 100 copies as your demonstraion for the loyalty and generosity towards us, your humble compatriots.
Back to top Go down
Kritt
Newcomer
Newcomer
Kritt

Male

PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 6:10 pm

lol, you're 21! you should have plenty of spare money to buy the game for yourself as I'm quite sure you are a most king and generous soul. Very Happy I've alwaqys been your best bud lol.
Back to top Go down
S-S
S-S

Male

PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 6:14 pm

Dumbass_Luigi wrote:
I'll fight one less round S-S, since I can't be Luigi...But we should also be aware that some people might not make it to the tourney....If that's the case, the plan could change completely.
Sounds good. And yeah, I thought about that. Or if more people join (where the hell did Essence run off to?) then that could make things easier too.

Kritt, I'm not a huge fan of RR tournies...too much double teaming, as even if someone gets eliminated for that, they could be setting up a win for their buddy. Like 2 people kill as many as they can, 1 by 1, while the other goes on the defense. Then once the first 2 are eliminated by cheating, there's still a lot fewer fighters for the other 1 to deal with.

I mean, I trust you guys not to do that, but I've just had bad experiences with those.

BTW, how did RR tournies get their name? Seems odd...
Back to top Go down
Kritt
Newcomer
Newcomer
Kritt

Male

PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 3:54 pm

What?! I dont think you know what a round robin is... It is a completely fair system with absolutely no double teaming...

Everybody fights EVERYBODy once, only. There is no 3 man ffa, its solely 1v1. If you go on defence, you die becaus ethe other guy will eventually kill you in the fight. Seriously, I don't understand what you wrote.

Its as if, you battled all 8 other people just once. If you win, you get 1 point, otherwise, none.

At the end, (after everyone's battled each other once), the person with the most points wins. If there is a tie, then those two will battle it out again (usually in a best 2 out of three match).
Back to top Go down
S-S
S-S

Male

PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 9:53 pm

OH! Whoops, I was thinking of a different tourney...basically we were all pitted against each other in a freakin huge free-for-all...they CALLED it a RR tourney, but they musta been dumb. Cool, I might consider that now that I know it's a lot more fair then I was led to believe...
Back to top Go down
llcoolj
Assist Trophy
Assist Trophy
llcoolj

Male
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-10-07

PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 10:31 pm

OMG only 9 DAYS!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kritt
Newcomer
Newcomer
Kritt

Male

PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 12:32 pm

please keep those sort of posts in a different thread, thank you

So when exactly are we doing this? I think we'd have to wait till everybody gets a copy first.
Back to top Go down
S-S
S-S

Male

PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 7:16 am

Well, I said we'd decide a week before and now here we are =]

So I've had mine reserved since August and will therefore have it on Sunday. If someone else does not have it, we can wait. Either way, I want to have at least a week to practice first. Time to start voting on when we want it.

Oh, and if you see any of the others that haven't been here in awhile, get 'em back here...it's almost time to Brawl =D
Back to top Go down
Axtlár
Admin
Admin
Axtlár

Male

PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 7:23 am

It would be good if the tournament was on a Friday..I vote for that.
And yeah, let us have at least 2 weeks to familiarize ourselves with the game before the tournament
Back to top Go down
Kritt
Newcomer
Newcomer
Kritt

Male

PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 4:03 pm

One week would be fine to familiarize. I vote a tourney on friday as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FIRST TOURNEY   FIRST TOURNEY - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FIRST TOURNEY
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Brawlers' Alliance :: Online :: Tournaments-
Jump to: