The Brawlers' Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Brawlers' Alliance

Where Brawlers Meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SSBB Site Discussion

Go down 
+7
marioman
Axtlár
S-S
wario2ooo
Wreked
Shoko
LevesqueIsKing
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
LevesqueIsKing
Admin
Admin
LevesqueIsKing

Male
Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2007-10-01

SSBB Site Discussion Empty
PostSubject: SSBB Site Discussion   SSBB Site Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 1:34 pm

Might as well get this thread started. Post your opinions of the daily update on www.smashbros.com in this thread. Please don't make seperate threads regarding updates from the site, it will only clutter this section of the forums.

8 weeks
Back to top Go down
Shoko
Admin
Admin
Shoko

Male
Number of posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: SSBB Site Discussion   SSBB Site Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 1:37 pm

alrighty then. let me sticky this........

i think theyre gonna start having wi-fi updates on friday. just a hunch
Back to top Go down
https://brawlersalliance.forumotion.com
Wreked
Assist Trophy
Assist Trophy
Wreked

Number of posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: SSBB Site Discussion   SSBB Site Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 2:25 pm

So what do you guys think today's update means for Ness?

I personally hope he's out. But that's just me. I like new, fresh characters.
Back to top Go down
Shoko
Admin
Admin
Shoko

Male

PostSubject: Re: SSBB Site Discussion   SSBB Site Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 2:27 pm

i think it means competition for him lol. your from wiichat right?
Back to top Go down
Wreked
Assist Trophy
Assist Trophy
Wreked

PostSubject: Re: SSBB Site Discussion   SSBB Site Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 2:29 pm

Yeah I got a pm from ax about this stie. Looks pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Shoko
Admin
Admin
Shoko

Male

PostSubject: Re: SSBB Site Discussion   SSBB Site Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 2:34 pm

thx. and if u have the time, please send pms to other people who you know would be interested in this. you know, all the other clan leaders (SSBB_Fan, Pit, etc) cause i have also made a wiichat clan forum http://wiichatclans.forummotion.com
Back to top Go down
Wreked
Assist Trophy
Assist Trophy
Wreked

PostSubject: Re: SSBB Site Discussion   SSBB Site Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 2:37 pm

Alright will do. I will wait a while to see who you guys have sent pms to so they don't get too many pms.
Back to top Go down
wario2ooo
wario2ooo

Male
Number of posts : 174

PostSubject: Re: SSBB Site Discussion   SSBB Site Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 2:39 pm

lol....its ness's clone...thats what i think
Back to top Go down
Shoko
Admin
Admin
Shoko

Male

PostSubject: Re: SSBB Site Discussion   SSBB Site Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 2:42 pm

but sakurai did say he was gonna avoid doing clones.....man sakurai dosent know wat he wants to do lol
Back to top Go down
Wreked
Assist Trophy
Assist Trophy
Wreked

PostSubject: Re: SSBB Site Discussion   SSBB Site Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 2:43 pm

I really doubt there would be any clones. I'm pretty sure sakurai said no clones.

Besides, aren't most of ness's moves not his. Almost all of his pks are paula's and lucas's. Are his bat and yo-yo his?
Back to top Go down
S-S
S-S

Male
Number of posts : 386
SSBB Wi-Fi Code : 0602 5959 6618

PostSubject: Re: SSBB Site Discussion   SSBB Site Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 3:24 pm

Man we haven't even seen his moveset and he's being labeled as a clone O_o

Ness will still be in because Lucas was not a character in the US...which ALSO means he prolly has plenty of moves we don't know about. His STYLE his clone-ish but he's from the same series so he's bound to be similar =P
Back to top Go down
Shoko
Admin
Admin
Shoko

Male

PostSubject: Re: SSBB Site Discussion   SSBB Site Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 3:26 pm

yea, maybe hes like luigi. i mean, luigi had similar moves but they were all still differnt. thats why i dont consider luigi a clone
Back to top Go down
Wreked
Assist Trophy
Assist Trophy
Wreked

PostSubject: Re: SSBB Site Discussion   SSBB Site Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 3:28 pm

Bowser, Mario, Peach yep very similar (sarcasm)

But seriously yeah they will have similar moves since they were only in three games. So not many to choose from.

Can a ness player fill me in if those two moves on the right pics that lucas is doing? Are they new? Or are they ness's?

@shoko I really hope luigi is made non clonish. Not that he his but give him some unique moves. Maybe the poltergust from lugis's mansion.
Back to top Go down
Shoko
Admin
Admin
Shoko

Male

PostSubject: Re: SSBB Site Discussion   SSBB Site Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 3:31 pm

it looks like he's using the same magic (or watever u wanna call it) as ness. i cant clearly tell if theyre the same moves though
Back to top Go down
S-S
S-S

Male

PostSubject: Re: SSBB Site Discussion   SSBB Site Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 3:32 pm

Hm...well in that one pic he looks like he's making that shield thing, but he's kinda holding it off to the side? O_o

Last edited by on Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wreked
Assist Trophy
Assist Trophy
Wreked

PostSubject: Re: SSBB Site Discussion   SSBB Site Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 3:32 pm

The bottom left looks new. I don't think i've seen ness do that. I still don't know about the top left though. I'll go on destar and find out.
Back to top Go down
S-S
S-S

Male

PostSubject: Re: SSBB Site Discussion   SSBB Site Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 3:35 pm

That's the one I was referring to as the one that looks like the shield move (Ness' Down B)

And your comment about Mario Peach and Bowser was irrelevant because that series is MUCH more widespread. But Ninten (from the first Earthbound game) looks A LOT like Ness AND Lucas...but they ARE different people. Kinda like the various Pokemon trainers in all the different "versions"
Back to top Go down
Wreked
Assist Trophy
Assist Trophy
Wreked

PostSubject: Re: SSBB Site Discussion   SSBB Site Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 3:43 pm

S-S wrote:
That's the one I was referring to as the one that looks like the shield move (Ness' Down B)

And your comment about Mario Peach and Bowser was irrelevant because that series is MUCH more widespread. But Ninten (from the first Earthbound game) looks A LOT like Ness AND Lucas...but they ARE different people. Kinda like the various Pokemon trainers in all the different "versions"

But Lucas is doing it in the air. That's what i thought when i first saw it but then i noticed he wasn't on the ground. Most likely his f-air.

Is this ninten? SSBB Site Discussion Ninten

Looks more like ness.

Yeah I was kind of kidding about the bowser mario and peach thing. I knew what you were talking about.
Back to top Go down
Axtlár
Admin
Admin
Axtlár

Male
Number of posts : 396
Wii Online Code : 5200-6176-6963-9732
SSBB Wi-Fi Code : 3179-5754-8849

PostSubject: Re: SSBB Site Discussion   SSBB Site Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 3:58 pm

Oh Ness is definetely not out, he's just got competition now..I've never play in depth the Earthbound games, but I don't think they ever met, right? Lucas and Ness?
Back to top Go down
Wreked
Assist Trophy
Assist Trophy
Wreked

PostSubject: Re: SSBB Site Discussion   SSBB Site Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 4:01 pm

I would be more open to two mother reps if there were more mother characters. I just don't think a franchise that had three games, one being japan only having more than one rep.

I don't know about ness and lucas meeting. I've never played at all I think ness is mother one and two and lucas is three.
Back to top Go down
Axtlár
Admin
Admin
Axtlár

Male

PostSubject: Re: SSBB Site Discussion   SSBB Site Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 4:10 pm

Ah, if that's the way it is then now wonder they put Lucas in
Back to top Go down
Wreked
Assist Trophy
Assist Trophy
Wreked

PostSubject: Re: SSBB Site Discussion   SSBB Site Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 4:14 pm

Uh you're post kinda confuses but I think I get what you're saying.

Lucas got in because ness got cut. That's my guess. Lucas was supposed to replace ness in melee but he had problems. So I guess sakurai felt now was the time ot put him in.
Back to top Go down
Axtlár
Admin
Admin
Axtlár

Male

PostSubject: Re: SSBB Site Discussion   SSBB Site Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 4:17 pm

yeah that's right, they wanted to put Lucas since the beginning instead of Ness...but I truly don't think Ness got cut out, Sakurai even mentions him in the update, he wouldn't do that to Ness fans
Back to top Go down
Wreked
Assist Trophy
Assist Trophy
Wreked

PostSubject: Re: SSBB Site Discussion   SSBB Site Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 4:20 pm

That ness mention could go either way. It could mean that lucas replacing ness is better for the earthbound franchise for their rep and lucas has better moves. Or that they are both in and that they are completely different characters, yet have a similar fighting style.

I'm still trying to figure it out. I seems mean though IF sakurai did boot ness, and this is the way to deconfirm him.
Back to top Go down
Shoko
Admin
Admin
Shoko

Male

PostSubject: Re: SSBB Site Discussion   SSBB Site Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 4:23 pm

i dont get why they announced him before ness
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SSBB Site Discussion   SSBB Site Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SSBB Site Discussion
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next